Valero Process Control Engineer in ARDMORE, Oklahoma
- Provides daily support to refinery operations which includes leading control and instrument activities
- Insures hardware and software platforms are operating without fault at high reliability levels
- Supports operations during troubleshooting, upset or emergencies,
- Improves controls and control networks, supporting projects, preparing and executing EMOC work.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s (or higher level) degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or related field required.
- 2 years of process control and/or control systems engineering experience, including 1 year of DCS control experience required.
- Process engineering experience preferred.
- Experience with Honeywell Experion and/or Yokogawa Centum VP DCS systems
- Experience with Triconex Tricon and/or Yokogawa Prosafe SIS systems as well as Allen Bradley PLCs
- Experience with network administration and computer systems
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.73 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns all of the general partner and limited partner interests in Valero Energy Partners LP. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Ardmore Refinery
The Valero Ardmore Refinery has gone through numerous upgrades since its purchase by Valero in 2001. The refinery has been continuously modernized over the years with the objective of processing heavier, sour crudes while maintaining a high product yield establishing the refinery as a leader in the production of clean-burning fuels, especially in the Oklahoma region. In addition to production and processing, the refinery also has more than 2.4 million barrels of refined product storage.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Primary Location: US-OK-Ardmore
Job Posting: May 3, 2019, 12:36:53 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 190018A